Purchasing condos in Houston is much like buying a single-family residence, but with some added advantages and features. The homeowners association of condos takes care of mowing the lawn, trimming shrubs and trees, and fixing the other irritating and bothersome things like leakage of roof and more. But, in single-family homes, the homeowners need to take care of all these add jobs. That sounds like fun, huh! Despite falling home sales and foreclosures, people today prefer to Buy Condo because it is an attractive option for varied reasons.
But one may ask, what are these varied reasons?
Here’s the answer to it.
- Condos are more feasible: Yes, according to what has been noted over the years, condos are less expensive than single-family houses, which means the down payment would be less and the monthly payment.
- No external Expenses: People have problems inside their houses which they have to treat on their own, and it’s inevitable that at one point there will be external issues as well, it could be anything, for example, cleaning the gutters which may require an extra expense. People living in a condo don’t have to worry about these expenses, while single-family homeowners have another added stress and expense on external issues.
- Mostly centrally located: It’s often seen that there are plenty of amenities, from everyday essentials to medical shops being located near condos. Though this may not be the case every single time, it is that way for most cases.
- Facilities: One can not ignore the facilities big condominium provides. Many offer swimming pools, gyms, clubhouses, small parks, waste management sections, and so much more. Environmentally friendly people would love to know that most of these waste management sectors aim for zero waste production.
- Social bonds: This might be one of the best things to consider. So many people want to have social interaction and gatherings, celebrate festivals together as a group. Still, all these may not be very much possible in a single-family home unless it’s with families or close friends. But there are high chances of interactions in a condo and more room for a person to grow socially.
- So now one knows the benefits of buying a condo, and they’ve finalized that a condominium is what they want to buy. But before buying a condo, one should keep a check on a few things.
What to Check in the Condos Before Buying?
- Is there any pending lawsuit or legal action against the condo association
- Perform a thorough inspection
- Does the association comprise sufficient reserves stashed away from improvements and repairs
- Facilities and Amenities
- Several floors and size: But there’s a catch here, people need to keep in mind. It’s important to know the size of the condo unit and calculate the price according to the size, compare it with the purchase price and see if it seems to match. There are a few bucks here, and there is okay, but too much difference needs to be given a second thought.
Buying a house for the first time can be pretty overwhelming and confusing, but it’s important to do good research and study and only then buy depending on their feasibility and needs. Though both condominiums and single-family homes are good, choosing should solely depend on how one wants one quality of life to be.